Adding watermark to each tile in cached map in ArcGIS Server

04-07-2017 06:19 AM
TomášLaštík
New Contributor

Using ArcGIS 10.4.1, I am trying to add a watermark to a cached map via Server object interceptor, but the result is not as expected.

Server object interceptor should handle each REST response from ArcGIS server. But in my case either none or only a few tiles are handled by SOI. It looks like only randomly chosen tiles are watermarked (always different ones):

enter image description here

I suppose that it has something to do with caching, but I tried almost all possible combinations of settings in ArcGIS service properties and the result has never been as needed.

Is there any other/better way to add a watermark to a map?

Or what should I do in order to handle all tiles using ArcGIS SOI?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

disable cache in admin (see Implementing layer-level access control in this link http://server.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/publish-services/windows/coding-practices-for-extensions.h... )

Have you this setting in your service (if the client has never downloaded the tile before that you apply soi should not be this) ?

0 Kudos
TomášLaštík
New Contributor

Thanks for Your reply, "disableCaching" caused that the system watermarked some tiles also in smaller scales, but still most of my tiles are not watermarked.

I am attaching my caching settings:

Cache settingsAdvanced cache settings

0 Kudos
KaiSteinicke1
Esri Contributor

Hi Tomáš,

would you mind sharing your SOI with me?

Thanks

Kai

0 Kudos