Attribute Assistant Not Loading following update to ArcMap 10.5

Jump to solution
04-05-2017 06:04 AM
DavidEvans5
New Contributor III

I recently updated my ArcMap from 10.2 to 10.5 (Advanced). I use multiple Add-in's including the Water Utility Tools, Address Management Tools and the the Attribute Assistant. 

I noticed that following the update that the functions the Attribute Assistant performs were no longer taking place, and when I check the Add-In Manager the Attribute Assistant did not show up in the list.

I downloaded and installed the most recent version I found on the ESRI website (2017.3.1), and it appeared to install successfully, however when I restart ArcMap the Attribute Assistant still does not show up in my list of Add-ins.

Can anyone advise on what I might do to to fix this or should I call ESRI Support and put in a ticket? Thank you for any advice!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

If you did not uninstall the add ins prior to upgrading, they are probably conflicting with the new ones.  You will need to manually remove them from the assembly cache.  Here is an old link, but still applicable.  

https://community.esri.com/thread/121214 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MikeMillerGIS

If you did not uninstall the add ins prior to upgrading, they are probably conflicting with the new ones.  You will need to manually remove them from the assembly cache.  Here is an old link, but still applicable.  

https://community.esri.com/thread/121214 

DavidEvans5
New Contributor III

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the quick response! I have not been able to locate the "AssemblyCache" folder you mentioned and referenced in the Discussion thread you linked to, in either the C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\ESRI\

Desktop10.2\ or Desktop 10.5\ folders.

I do have Show Hidden files/folders/drives enabled in Windows. 

I even tried to search for folders named Assembly and AssemblyCache anywhere within my ESRI, Local and App Data locations and found nothing.

Any further suggestions?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

You need to also check the box to show protected operating system folders.

0 Kudos
DavidEvans5
New Contributor III

That did it! Worked exactly as stated in the other discussion thread. My sincere thanks! So grateful that there's a community of professionals out there willing to help whenever someone runs into a problem like this.

0 Kudos