AGOL how to select more than one feature with the Edit Toolbar

Jump to solution
04-05-2017 09:55 AM
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

Questions about how to use the AGOL Edit toolbar: 

- how to switch to editing mode when selecting an existing feature. Most of the time when I click in one polygon it shows the Identity information window not the attributes window 

- how to select more than one feature with the editor

- how to use the Union button, 

Any manual explaining how to use the Edit toolbar?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jose,

The first tool on the left is the select tool you can use that tool to draw a rectangle on the map to select more than one feature. You can also click the dropdown arrow next to the select tool and choose add to selection instead of new selection. Using the selection tool should always give you the edit attributes popup. Once you select multiple feature that can be unioned then you can use the union tool.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jose,

The first tool on the left is the select tool you can use that tool to draw a rectangle on the map to select more than one feature. You can also click the dropdown arrow next to the select tool and choose add to selection instead of new selection. Using the selection tool should always give you the edit attributes popup. Once you select multiple feature that can be unioned then you can use the union tool.

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

As an alternative you also have the Batch Attribute Editor widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  in WAB

0 Kudos
JoseSanchez

Thank you Xander,

I am going to test this Widget today. 

0 Kudos
JoseSanchez

Thanks Robert,

The select tool selects several polygons, but when clicking on the Attributes icon, it only shows on of the polygons, I did not see any arrow on the Attribute Inspector to browse attributes from several features, in my case polygons selected.

Let me post another question about the Arrow.

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

As for "manual/documentation", there is some information in https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/3/jsapi/editor-amd.html.

JoseSanchez

Thanks Bjorn.

0 Kudos