AnsweredAssumed Answered

Assigning static colors to specific values on a stretched color ramp

Question asked by niklas2424 on Apr 1, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2017 by niklas2424

I'm not sure if this is something that can be done, but have created a custom color ramp in ArcGIS Desktop and would like to use a stretched symbology for a gradual transition from one color to the next, but need to assign static colors to specific values on the scale. This is my scale:

color ramp

For example, the possible range of values within my dataset (which is dynamic) can be from 0 to 500. The actual range will vary from day to day and won't always have a max value of 500. So, I need the color for say 55 to remain red regardless of the actual range of the current dataset. Sometimes the dataset will only max out at 55, but I don't want it to be purple/maroon, I need it to remain red. I don't have a dataset that has the full range of values in it. The max value I have is 114. Is there a way to do this??

I should also state that the original format of my dataset is grib which I've degribbed (to a .flt) and converted to an .img file. I believe there is a way to do this with a colormap but I'm having trouble finding a reference to manually adjust the max value since colormaps can only be used with unique values.

Here is an image of what I am trying to accomplish in ArcMap, with different color ranges:

example

Outcomes