Polygon label appear only inside hole

Jump to solution
03-31-2017 10:36 AM
RichardHughes2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

The label for a polygon I just created in only appearing inside a hole in that polygon.  The label is set to avoid holes in polygon, and the label is set to only draw inside polygon.

Is there a setting that I am missing?  Surely it's not a bug?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardHughes2

As a resolution to this thread, I performed a Repair Geometry on the layer in ArcPro.  This image shows that there was an issue with the ordering of polygon rings.  The label now appears correctly.

Repaired Geometryfixed

View solution in original post

5 Replies
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

A screenshot of how the feature is being labelled, along with your placement properties would go a long way towards helping you solve this. 

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What happens if you turn on Maplex label Engine? Label with the Maplex Label Engine—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Could you attach screenshots?

Think Location
0 Kudos
RichardHughes2

These are some screenshots showing the issue in ArcPro.  Thank you for taking interest.  In all likelihood the issue is caused by the CAD data from which this GIS data was created.  Possibly because the vertices are out of order.  Just a guess though.Label in Polygon HoleLabeling Settings

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the details.

There could be a geometry issue. Try repairing the geometry. 

Checking and repairing geometries—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

Repair Geometry—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

Think Location
RichardHughes2

As a resolution to this thread, I performed a Repair Geometry on the layer in ArcPro.  This image shows that there was an issue with the ordering of polygon rings.  The label now appears correctly.

Repaired Geometryfixed