Street Sign Symbology - Is there any .lyr files out there?

03-29-2017 10:49 AM
BrandonLee1
New Contributor III

I'm working with the out of the box solution for Sign Inventory to be used in the field with Collector. The symbology of the signs and poles is only one symbol for each. I am wondering if there is any pre-fabricated layer files that has symbols for each of the Style of sign within the Sign Inventory solution?

I know I can always create my own symbolization by using the Transportation style reference provided by ESRI. Just thinking if there is a more efficient way to do this.. 

6 Replies
BrandonLee1
New Contributor III

EDIT: I created a layer file (from the default ESRI Transportation Reference Style) that includes most of the signs included in the out-of-the-box sign inventory solution. 

If anyone is interested in this layer file, please let me know. I would be willing to share it with others interested.

EDIT #2:

I've been adding custom symbols by either creating them with an Illustrator program or using the Snipping Tool. Saving the files as a .png you are able to add custom symbology for signs that out of the ordinary or specific to a certain location.

Use PNGs as ArcGIS Picture Marker Symbols | ArcWatch 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Brandon!

I just saw your post from 2017 and I am definitely interested the layer file you created. 

I would also be interested in any other advice, pieces of wisdom, etc that you can give me with regards to the Sign Inventory Solution.  I am new to using some of the out-of-box solutions as well as ArcGIS Pro.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did he ever contact you with the inventory?

0 Kudos
BrandonLee1
New Contributor III

Hey Brenda,

Sorry for the delayed response!  Someone has since taken over the sign inventory duties.  However, I can send you over the layer file!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

um YES! The intern will be so happy to here this. (currently building us one.)

Do you have a drop box or I can give you a google drive account to drop it in?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

oh I see it. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos