Can I share a web app with a group and NOT have the user log on to AGO?

Jump to solution
03-24-2017 02:50 PM
HenryRice
New Contributor II

I am managing my customer's data in ArcGIS Online through my organization's account.  My customer does not want or need an AGO account.  I want to create a mapping web app to view their data that I can embed on a password protected page on my website.  My customers could view their data (that is hosted in a web map) from my website and not need to sign in to AGO. 

It seems that in order to do this, I have to share the web app publicly.  I can't do this with their data.  Is there a way around this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Henry Rice‌,

In order to secure the data and ensure that no one can access there data, an ArcGIS Online username and password is required for authentication.

An option is to look at limiting access through Rest, which secures the layer so it can only be accessed via your application, but the item would still be searchable in ArcGIS.com: Limit Access to Public Layers - Crowdsource Polling | ArcGIS for Local Government 

-Kelly

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Henry Rice‌,

In order to secure the data and ensure that no one can access there data, an ArcGIS Online username and password is required for authentication.

An option is to look at limiting access through Rest, which secures the layer so it can only be accessed via your application, but the item would still be searchable in ArcGIS.com: Limit Access to Public Layers - Crowdsource Polling | ArcGIS for Local Government 

-Kelly