Problem: We want to upgrade our Oracle 11g + ArcSDE 10.1.0 to Oracle 12c + ArcSDE 10.4.1
Steps tried so far:
- Created a new virtual server
- Exported a full database backup from current Oracle 11g
- installed Oracle 12c to new server
- from an ArcGIS 10.4.1 client used python to create ST_GEOMETRY as described here: http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/tools/data-management-toolbox/create-spatial-type.htm
- imported full backup from oracle 12c
- from ArcGIS 10.4.1 client connected to new server using TNSNAMES.ora to define connection
- connected to geodatabase using ArcCatalog unfortunately all spatial tables were identified by a default icon and not the relevant spatial type icon. Right clicking on object would update icon but if loaded into ArcGIS it would put up a “New Query Layer” form and ask the user to identify a Unique Identified Field, then calculate extent.
- Raster datatype not recognised at all, so installed ST_RASTER type and reloaded raster files from backup, unfortunately they are still not recognised as rasters. Direct copy/pasting the rasters from the original geodatabase to the new one using ArcGIS client works but this would need to be done by every user/schema that owns rasters to maintain ownership.
- Noticed the new SDE.LAYERS table is empty except for the table directly loaded using copy/paste.
Can anyone advise what we are doing wrong and what steps we are missing.
Thanks in advance