Creating and editing feature services in Pro

03-17-2017 05:50 AM
JimJolley
New Contributor

Does ArcGIS Pro Basic edit and create polygons in feature services?  If so, how can I get an ArcGIS Pro Basic license?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jim,

You can edit feature services with an ArcGIS Pro basic license.

Please read the getting started topic for information on downloading, installing an licensing pro. The frequently asked questions topic also contains additional information.

JimJolley
New Contributor

Sean,

Being able to use ArcGIS Pro Basic should be an affordable solution to sharing a geodatabase among several users. Thank you for the information.

Jim

0 Kudos
JimJolley
New Contributor

Sean,

I need to know if ArcGIS Pro Basic will sync the edits that have been made to a feature service. ArcGIS ArcMap Basic allows editing a feature service, but when you try to sync the error message says that the license is incorrect…translation, you need ArcGIS ArcMap Standard. Please let me know if ArcGIS Pro Basic will sync the edits that have been made to a feature service. Thank you.

Jim

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jim,

Re-affirming that a basic Pro license will edit a feature service. The current workflow in Pro is a little different however in that it is a direct edit on the service rather than copying the data locally and syncing as ArcMap does. Disconnected editing in Pro (check in/out) is planned for the mid to long term road map.

JimJolley
New Contributor

Sean,

After being unsuccessful with editing and syncing in ArcMap Basic, I wanted to confirm ArcGIS Pro would work before purchasing it. Thank you for the information.

Jim

0 Kudos