Geopoint behavior different between survey and repeat?

03-16-2017 01:52 PM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

Geopoint field automatically begins to pick up location (spinny thing - spinning)...

Geopoint within a repeat does not automatically attempt to acquire point and waits for user interaction (spinny thing - not spinning)...

I would like the repeat to behave the same way as the non-repeat geopoint.  Is there a way to force the geopoint to begin acquiring a location in a repeat?

Can you pass the geopoint data from the auto acquiring geopoint to the repeat geopoint, that would solve my issue...?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tucker,

I just did a quick test of what you described.  It looks like there's an issue in the calculation of points in repeats- all the points are updated when the parent point is updated.

I also logged request to an enhancement of having a hidden point automatically collect the user's location in a repeat, which sounds like what you're trying to accomplish.

0 Kudos
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks James,

Would it be possible to calculate the geopoint in the repeat based on the pulldata() function from the geopoint in the parent?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tucker,

Using the pulldata function was how I originally tested the calculation capability and discovered the bug I noted above.

0 Kudos