ArcGIS 10.0 installation DVD?

03-15-2017 12:29 PM
ChuckDavis1
New Contributor

Apparently we still have active licenses for ArcGIS 10.0, but we no longer have an installation DVD for this software package.  Does anyone know where I could get my hands on an original 10.0 installation disc, or download an *.iso of the installation DVD online somewhere? #arcgis 10.0

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Please check with your local Esri Distributor for a copy of the media.

Think Location
0 Kudos
ChuckDavis1
New Contributor

I've attempted to contact my local distributors by phone (the only contact information made available on ESRI's website), but the phone numbers always route back to the central number in CA.  When I ask them to transfer me to the local distributor, they aren't able to.  What's the best way to reach my local distributor in New Jersey directly?  Can I get a direct email address or phone number for someone here? 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not sure, but maybe JSealy-esristaff‌ among others could help connecting you to appropriate contact person. You could check his profile for contact details.

Think Location
0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Do you have access to your MyEsri site?  The Organization tab should have your customer service reps number (although there is a glitch for some, mine no longer has it).  I would think that in the US, your/a customer service rep would be the best person to contact, whether local or someone in CA.

re: "still active licenses" for 10.0.  If checking this out on the MyEsri site, and especially if they are concurrent use, make sure that these 10.0 aren't already allocated as 10.1+.  It's somewhat deceiving or hard to understand that just because MyEsri may say something like   "Desktop 10.0 15 of 15 available", but if your 10.5.1 has "0 of 15" available, that does not mean you still have 15 at 10.0.   Again, your rep can tell you more....and if I am wrong, I would be happy to know so I could check on ours.  

ChuckDavis1
New Contributor

That's exactly what I was seeing, Rebecca.  Now that I look at that, you're probably correct; the 10.0 licenses that show up on our MyEsri site may not actually exist since they have been allocated as 10.1+.  I was originally assuming that every 10.1+ license maybe had a corresponding 10.0 license, but it's more than likely the same license.  However, the number of licenses are different for 10.0 and 10.1+, which is confusing.

Unfortunately, my rep said that she didn't know, and that I should ask the GeoNet community if I still had questions.  I'm trying to track down answers here.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

gets me every time too.  The reasons I've found it can be different is if

• some licenses are listed in different line items due to orriginal purchase data being different (and possible purchased at different version)
  • when they may have been upgraded from Workstation/ArcView/ArcGIS, etc.
  • if they are on maintenance
  • ??

If you have more 10.0 than 10.1+, it may be that you didn't have all on maintenance and/or didn't convert all to "whatever".  To me the provision/authorization/licenses seems a bit circular, and it's easy to get confused as you circle back. 

Since I've been the main license administrator for 30+ years and have seen all the upgrades (from the Data General mainframe, on), I have deep knowledge and have kept my own notes over the years...and provided all the paperwork at one point to make sure all was accounted for.  I'm now trying to educate others here on all the ins-and-outs of the licensing system, including the changes that are coming.  It's an art form, for sure.  But that is just me blabbing on.

My point is, just looking at the MyEsri site does not always provide clear answers. If you have a papertrail, have been dealing with it all transactions yourself, and/or has a long term customer service rep that knows your account very well, that helps.  Best thing I ever did was take the 6-mos+ it took to get ours all figured out (back in early AV to Desktop days). From that point forward, much easier to do transactions.  But in most cases/orgs, my guess is that isn't the case.  In that light, I can see why they are pushing named-users and annual subscriptions (vs concurrent).  It would be easier to maintain...you pay, or you don't get.  Not that I like that one bit, but it may be easier in the long run.

If your local rep doesn't know, and you have the time, you might be able to track things down with someone in Redlands..  And it might be worth it if the 10.0 number is > than 10.1+.  We still have 9.x and even 3.x that were never updated....still legal to use I guess (and for updating things, nice to have access). 

re: disks....legally, if local rep doesn't have it, probably need to contact Redlands. (or you might be able to find if you have a local agency that still has a copy..The install disks don't really do you any good without a valid license anyway.  ...still would check with your rep).

0 Kudos