Select_one not displaying answer choices in a drop down list

03-14-2017 03:58 PM
GlenKalisz
New Contributor

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me resolve a simple problem I am experiencing. I have two select_one questions in a row, and for the first question, the answers appear in a simple drop down list, like all other select_one questions. However, the second question appears as a multiple choice entry where you click one of the satellite buttons instead of using a drop down menu. I have attached a screen shot of what I am trying to explain. The "other" category does not utilize a drop down list, while the "natural" category above does use the drop down, and both questions use the same answer choices. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Glen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GlenKalisz
New Contributor

This is my first day using Survey123, so never mind my simple question, I was able to figure it out. For anyone else who may be new to Survey123 and runs into the same problem I did, in order to display drop down menus instead of checkboxes, you just need to type "minimal" into the appearance column of your spreadsheet. 

0 Kudos
MitchellProctor
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Glen,

Good to see you figured this one out quickly! Survey123 has a fair amount of appearance types for different question types, so if you feel like you have issues with making your survey look how you want but not necessarily with how it works, check out the Appearance page in our documentation. Appearance—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos