Deferred Shows 'Extra' Results First Run

Jump to solution
03-13-2017 04:41 PM
MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

I am executing an Identify Task in ArcGIS Javascript.    The first time I open my HTML containing this code,   I get 'extra' results that should not be in their.    When I run the Identify again without reloading the HTML,   the results look correct.

Is something being cached on the Deferred?   How do I clear out any results so that this code executes without returning erroneous records?

Thanks,

Mele

function executeIdentifyTask (event) {
 search.set("value", search.selectedResult.name);
 var resultItems = [];
 dom.byId("info").innerHTML = "";
 event.result.feature;
 identifyParams.geometry = event.result.feature.geometry;
 identifyParams.mapExtent = map.extent;
 identifyParams.layerOption = IdentifyParameters.LAYER_OPTION_ALL;
 var featureAttributes = event.result.feature.attributes;
 for (var attr in featureAttributes) { 
 resultItems.push("<b>" + getFldAlias(attr) + ":</b> " + featureAttributes[attr] + "<br>");
 }
 var deferred = identifyTask
 .execute(identifyParams)
 .addCallback(function (response){
 return arrayUtils.map(response, function (result) {
 var feature = result.feature;
 var layerName = result.layerName;
feature.attributes.layerName = layerName;
 if (layerName === 'Brush Collection') {
 //alert(feature.attributes['Area']);
 resultItems.push("<b>" + "Brush Area: " + "</b> " + feature.attributes['Area'] + "<br>");
 }
 else if (layerName === 'Refuse Collection') {
 //alert(feature.attributes['Collection Day']);
 resultItems.push("<b>" + "Refuse Collection Day: " + "</b> " + feature.attributes['Collection Day'] + "<br>");
 }
 else if (layerName === 'Recycling Collection') {
 //alert(feature.attributes['Collection Day']);
 resultItems.push("<b>" + "Recycling Collection Day: " + "</b> " + feature.attributes['Collection Day'] + "<br>");
 }
 //return feature;

dom.byId("info").innerHTML = resultItems.join(""); 
 });
 });
 }
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MeleKoneya

It looks like my issue was with the identifyParams.tolerance setting.     In my code I am using the Search Widget to get a point from our Addresses Feature Class.   I then take that point and perform and IdentifyTask against our Solid Waste Route Feature Classes.      The first time through the code,  the identifyParams.mapExtent  is set to map.extent; which is the full city.     The tolerance was selecting nearby polygons.     

I am not showing the map I am using in my code so maybe this is impacting things, but decreasing the tolerance setting looks to have solved my issue.

Mele

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mele,

What do you mean extra results? I would be helpful to post screenshots of the extra vs the expected as this will help identify the issue better.

0 Kudos
MeleKoneya

It looks like my issue was with the identifyParams.tolerance setting.     In my code I am using the Search Widget to get a point from our Addresses Feature Class.   I then take that point and perform and IdentifyTask against our Solid Waste Route Feature Classes.      The first time through the code,  the identifyParams.mapExtent  is set to map.extent; which is the full city.     The tolerance was selecting nearby polygons.     

I am not showing the map I am using in my code so maybe this is impacting things, but decreasing the tolerance setting looks to have solved my issue.

Mele

0 Kudos