AGSRuntimeEnvironment.setClientID(clientID, error: &error) for API 100.0

Jump to solution
03-10-2017 06:48 AM
TércyoStorck1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to register my application to remove the whatermark on the map. But I still can't find the AGSRuntimeEnvironment.setClientID(clientID, error: &error) in new API 100.0.

I saw it AGSArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.setLicenseKey("runtimelite,1000,rud#########,day-month-year,####################")in guide, but it dosen't work for me and the whatermark's still there.

Here's my code:

do {
     let result = try AGSArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.setLicenseKey(ClientID)
     print("License Result : \(result.licenseStatus)")
}
catch let error as NSError {
     print("error: \(error)")
}

My ClientID is 16 characters only, and I didn't undertand anything about the information discribed in a String showed in the guide:

("runtimelite,1000,rud#########,day-month-year,####################").

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkDostal
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your question and using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS!  The solution is a bit different than the old "clientID" method, but it's still pretty easy.

Once you sign into your developers account, go to this page: Licensing your ArcGIS Runtime App | ArcGIS for Developers  and look for the "Show my ArcGIS Runtime Lite license key" button.  Clicking this button will display a string similar to what you have above: "runtimelite,1000,rud#########,day-month-year,####################"  This is your license key string you should use in the "AGSArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.setLicenseKey" method; just copy and paste it into your code.

The whole process is described in License your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS | ArcGIS for Developers.  The table in the "Licensing Capabilities" section describes the process for getting a key for the various licensing levels.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MarkDostal
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your question and using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS!  The solution is a bit different than the old "clientID" method, but it's still pretty easy.

Once you sign into your developers account, go to this page: Licensing your ArcGIS Runtime App | ArcGIS for Developers  and look for the "Show my ArcGIS Runtime Lite license key" button.  Clicking this button will display a string similar to what you have above: "runtimelite,1000,rud#########,day-month-year,####################"  This is your license key string you should use in the "AGSArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.setLicenseKey" method; just copy and paste it into your code.

The whole process is described in License your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS | ArcGIS for Developers.  The table in the "Licensing Capabilities" section describes the process for getting a key for the various licensing levels.

Thanks again.