Web Map Layer Headings

Jump to solution
03-09-2017 01:44 PM
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Using a rest service through a web map, I have these layer headings that appear both in the web map when the ToC is expanded as well (more annoyingly) the Story Map Series I'm using the web map with. I can't find a way to remove or even change the text in these headings through ArcMap, the Web Map, or the Story Map Series. Any ideas? 

-Aaron
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Aaron,

To change this text you need to modify the alias of the field. To do this, open your web map and select the option to configure pop ups.

Select the option to configure attributes and modify the filed alias that you have based your symbology on to what you would like to see in the legend.

Then hit okay and save to save the alias as desired. Once this is updated in the webmap, it will perpetuate in any apps that are referencing the web map.

It isn't possible to remove the title.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Aaron,

To change this text you need to modify the alias of the field. To do this, open your web map and select the option to configure pop ups.

Select the option to configure attributes and modify the filed alias that you have based your symbology on to what you would like to see in the legend.

Then hit okay and save to save the alias as desired. Once this is updated in the webmap, it will perpetuate in any apps that are referencing the web map.

It isn't possible to remove the title.

-Kelly

AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, Kelly. I appreciate the help. 

-Aaron
0 Kudos