Editing a table in ArcGIS Online as Administrator and getting error

03-06-2017 01:08 PM
Danielle_Journey
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to update some fields in one of my hosted feature layers.  I opened the layer up in map viewer with full editing control.  When I double click a cell to add a value, I get the message below 'Error Accessing data failed':

I've also tried bring the layer into ArcMap, editing the layer, and then synchronizing the edits which doesn't work.  Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you go to the Item Details page and try to edit the table in the Data tab do you get the same error?

Does this happen on multiple machines or internet networks? What about different browsers or a Chrome incognito window?

Is this service public? If so can you please share the link to the service here.

0 Kudos
Danielle_Journey
Occasional Contributor

Hi Katie, yes I got the same error in the Data tab page as well.  This data is internal and not used in any web maps but is used in Cartegraph.  I am the only editor of the data as well.  I did try the edits in IE and in Chrome (not incognito).  Because our Cartegraph data syncs nightly, I ended up having to republish the feature layer.  The feature layer is an m-aware polyine, could that be the problem with editing? 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Danielle,

Try monitoring the apply edits request in a web debugging tool like Fiddler or chrome developer tools. YOu may be able to find a more specific error message that indicates if you are missing a value like an m value.

-Kelly

Danielle_Journey
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kelly, I will give that a try!

0 Kudos
AdamChrumko1
New Contributor II

Hi  Danielle, 

did you ever get this worked out? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Danielle_Journey
Occasional Contributor

Hi Adam, I ended up re-importing the feature service and that cleared up whatever was going on with it!

0 Kudos