Where to view registered data source folders

Jump to solution
03-07-2017 04:53 AM
JonathanKnowles1
New Contributor III

Hi

When you publish data to arcgis server form an mxd and you register a folder, where can you go within the software to view a list of registered folders ?

Thanks

Jonathan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

After logging in to ArcGIS Server Manager with Administrator/Publisher role, go to Site > GIS Server > Data Stores.

Under Data Stores, you can see the registered (enterprise) databases and registered folders, whichever is applicable.

Registering your data with ArcGIS Server using Manager

You can also view it from ArcCatalog. Right-click the ArcGIS Server connection (Administrator/Publisher) > ArcGIS Server Properties > Data Store.

You can see the solders under registered folders.

Register your data with ArcGIS Server using ArcMap

Think Location

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

After logging in to ArcGIS Server Manager with Administrator/Publisher role, go to Site > GIS Server > Data Stores.

Under Data Stores, you can see the registered (enterprise) databases and registered folders, whichever is applicable.

Registering your data with ArcGIS Server using Manager

You can also view it from ArcCatalog. Right-click the ArcGIS Server connection (Administrator/Publisher) > ArcGIS Server Properties > Data Store.

You can see the solders under registered folders.

Register your data with ArcGIS Server using ArcMap

Think Location
JonathanKnowles1
New Contributor III

Thanks

I can see the root folder. I cant seem to see any subsequent folders that appear under this root folder that desktop forces me to register during the publishing process however.

Jonathan

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can register the folder/database containing the data before publishing the map. If your folder/database is not registered, it gets copied to ArcGIS Server.

Where does the copied data get placed when publishing a service to ArcGIS Server

Think Location
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine