GraphicalOverlay and DictionaryRenderer and primitives (like polyline)

Jump to solution
03-06-2017 11:06 AM
NorbertThoden
Occasional Contributor III

Hi!

I have a GraphicalOverlay.

Is it ok to a) assign a DictionaryRenderer (Mil2525D) to it  and b) add graphics (consisting of a geometry and a symbol)?

Or are there any reason forcing us to use seperate GraphicalOverlays for the different context?

Is the also answer true for any RenderingMode (static, dynamic)?

thx

Norbert

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LukeSmallwood
Esri Contributor

Hi Norbert,

I haven't tried out the code you are suggesting but hopefully I can answer your questions.

You should be able to have a GraphicsOverlay with a DictionaryRenderer and then assign individual graphics with their own symbols/geometries: Graphics can have their own individual symbols with no renderer needed on the overlay.

Generally speaking, we would advise that you have one overlay per geometry type and use a renderer for performance reasons. Separation of graphics overlays can also help make it easier to manage and organise the graphics but that is not essential.

I believe both static and dynamic should work in similar fashion.

I hope that helps - let me know if you need further clarification of anything.

Luke

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LukeSmallwood
Esri Contributor

Hi Norbert,

I haven't tried out the code you are suggesting but hopefully I can answer your questions.

You should be able to have a GraphicsOverlay with a DictionaryRenderer and then assign individual graphics with their own symbols/geometries: Graphics can have their own individual symbols with no renderer needed on the overlay.

Generally speaking, we would advise that you have one overlay per geometry type and use a renderer for performance reasons. Separation of graphics overlays can also help make it easier to manage and organise the graphics but that is not essential.

I believe both static and dynamic should work in similar fashion.

I hope that helps - let me know if you need further clarification of anything.

Luke

NorbertThoden
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Luke!

Thank you for your quick response.

Norbert

0 Kudos