relationship class rules

03-04-2017 02:27 AM
AhmadMare
New Contributor

I have a feature class for buildings in the same geodatabase there a feature class for parcels each building should be located in specific parcel with parcel number field in the buildings feature class  I need to create relationship class in away that check the parcel number in the building if it is not exist in the parcel feature class then the user must first insert the parcel in the parcel feature class(building with no parcel is not allowed) I try the rules in the relationship class but with no results. any help is appreciated

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Do you want to check if all builds that located in one parcel have same parcel number or not?

0 Kudos
AhmadMare
New Contributor

No I can do this , but I have problem that some time when editing the parcel number in building feature class the editor by mistake enter parcel for a parcel that not found actually in parcel feature class although each building must be contained by parcel . please see pictures it may help as shown in building layer the parcel no is 1000 and when query for this parcel in parcel layer   it is not found although it must be found so I need to have  a kind of   a check to ensure that the parcel is found in the main parcel feature class when adding the building

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

If you want to know the parcel id that not found in parcel layer. it will be so easy.

just Join build layer using parcel id field with parcel layer. and make sure that you check Keep only matching records. after you finshed your join select all building, then remove join.

after that switch selection for build layer and you will get the builds that you ask about.

0 Kudos
AhmadMare
New Contributor

I need to make a validation  by automatic check I built  relationship class which update the parcel id and if the parcel id is deleted the building also is deleted so is there any similar idea  for this process I have ArcGISserver 10.3 with oracle database

0 Kudos