Embedding swipe template into a cascade storymap

Jump to solution
03-06-2017 06:13 AM
KateGeng
New Contributor

I was able to successfully embed a map that was created under the swipe template in to a map journal. However when I embed it into a cascade "immersive" content, I have issues interacting (e.g. being able to edit or swipe) with the swipe map. The swipe map is currently embedded as a website rather than a map, is it possible to have the swipe map embed-able as a map?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kate,

I wouldn't recommend embedding a Swipe app in a Cascade for the reasons you mention. When you have apps inside of apps it can be difficult to get the right interaction experience for your readers.

However, you can define swipe transitions between the views of an immersive section, so just add the maps in your swipe app to two views and set one of the swipe transitions between them.

Let me know how it goes.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kate,

I wouldn't recommend embedding a Swipe app in a Cascade for the reasons you mention. When you have apps inside of apps it can be difficult to get the right interaction experience for your readers.

However, you can define swipe transitions between the views of an immersive section, so just add the maps in your swipe app to two views and set one of the swipe transitions between them.

Let me know how it goes.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos