AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcGIS Pro Licensing issue

Question asked by cbfollettdepaul on Mar 1, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2018 by Dan_Patterson

We have concurrent licenses for ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap. We're an educational organization. 

With ArcMap, we simply point to the licensing server once the product has been installed. No problems after that and everyone can use the installed product without needing to adjust licensing options. 

With ArcGIS Pro, when I install on a machine, I set the licensing options to point to the license manager.

The problem is, when a different user profile logs in, they are prompted to license the product. Even when I change registry keys to point to the license server, new user profiles are still prompted to license the product. If I lean over the students shoulder, I can manually adjust their options to point to the license server, but this isn't ideal because I can't be present all the time in a computer lab, I have other things to do! ESRI support was very confused by me explaining the situation and didn't give much direction on this.

When ArcGIS Pro was released, I was initially very excited. Now though until this issue is resolved I'm planning to uninstal ArcGIS Pro from every lab; the headache and work for me it's created is unbelievable.  

- Does anyone know any workarounds to make sure that the licensing information "sticks" across user profiles on a machine?

- How can you enable extensions by default on a new user profile like you could with ArcMap?

Outcomes