Hi folks, I'm hoping someone might be able to give me a clue as to why I'm getting some strange behaviours when trying to load data hosted on ArcGIS Online in ArcMap. I have a number of feature services with multiple layers (max about 12 layers) hosted on ArcGIS online (originally published from file geodatabases). When I add them in ArcMap using Catalog > My Hosted Services they all load fine. However, if I try to use the ArcGIS Online option on either the File menu or the Add Data button one feature service doesn't load anything at all (no error messages, nothing appears in TOC), one only loads the first layer of 6, and one loads all layers fine. I get the same behaviour in ArcMap 10.4 and 10.2.2.
The feature service that only loads one layer was loading all 6 no problem until just now. I have had this problem previously, and only managed to fix it by deleting the old feature service and then republishing from the file geodatabase again - but this only worked if I used a different name for the feature service. And I really don't want to have to keep on doing this. I've no idea whether this is what triggered it, but between this one loading ok and then not, I did do some label and popup management on the Visualisation tab of the feature service on AGOL. Reversing these changes has not helped.
It is important to have the File menu/Add data button route to loading data working as I need other users to be able to load, view and edit these feature services in ArcMap. They can't use the Catalog route to load the data as they're not the publishers of it.