Multiplex tool shortens video

02-27-2017 06:04 AM
Labels (1)
LaraMiles
New Contributor

When using the Multiplex tool, 25 minute videos are reduced to 2 mins. How can I prevent this from happening?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Lara

You say "videos" plural - does this happen repeatedly with different examples?  Are your outputs truncated after the first two minutes, and are the start & end times random?  Or are you getting an accelerated video, so the full 25 minute duration appears to take only 2 minutes? 

Have you double checked your input data format, to be sure it's in microseconds?  Note the user manual here says

"UNIX Time Stamp: Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) represented in the number of microseconds elapsed since midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970. Derived from the POSIX IEEE 1003.1 standard. Resolution: 1 microsecond."

There is also the input of time shift data - see "Time Shifts" in the manual...

If these don't help solve the problem, let us know more about exactly what you are seeing.

Cody B. 

0 Kudos
LaraMiles
New Contributor
UNIX Time Stamp

Above is an example of the UNIX time stamp I am using. My test video is  25 min long and in .h264 format. When using multiplexer, the video is saved as a .ts file. The length of the video varies from 25 min to between 1 sec to 4 min. The longer videos start at the correct starting point but moves at a faster rate and skips some frames. It does not show the whole video.

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Lara 

See above - the values you show would appear to be seconds, but the input data must be microseconds.  Multiply by 1,000,000.

also note if you are using Microsoft Excel to edit your input table, you have to set the format to be "number" with no decimals before saving *.csv format.  Otherwise it will convert to scientific notation and lose the temporal precision

Cody

0 Kudos
LaraMiles
New Contributor

I have tried as you suggested, with similar results. What other options are there?

0 Kudos