Are your Survey123 Android app crashing after barcode/QR code scanning?

02-22-2017 05:12 AM
MartinKoli1
New Contributor

I made form with a few barcode fields. After successful scan of QR code, relevant questions will appear, but Survey123  for Android immediately crashes. Windows app is working OK, iOS hasn't been tested. I tested my form in Sony Xperia M2 and Z with latest manufacturers Android 5.1.1, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with 4.4.2 with same result. I have installed version 1.10.25.

I am using QR codes instead of typing passwords, so form is much more shorter and simplier. Please, does have anybody any idea? Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnastasiaNaymushina
New Contributor III

I use Samsung Gapaxy S4 Mini GT-I9192I.

I've tested the Barcode scanning samle app. The same situation. The app displays scanned info and crashes. I've tested the latest released version and beta2 version with the same result.Error message.Device System info 

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

We are using QR codes to capture well pad, well name, etc. info for inspection surveys without issue on Samsung Galaxy S6 phone, Android version 6.0.1. $ Samsung Galaxy S5, Android version 5.0. They are also working on iPad Mini 2, iOS 10.*

--gary

0 Kudos
GuyNizry
Occasional Contributor II

We are facing the same problem, after scanning, the application is crashed in the following devices (which we tested so far):

Samsung J5  with Android 6.0.1 and Survey123 version 2.0.53

Xiaomi redmi 4 with Android 6.0.1 and Survey123 version 2.0.53

LG K10 with Android 6.0 and Survey123 version 2.0.53

We are temporarly working around it by using third party barcode scanning app (Barcode keyboard+ NFC, by TEC-IT) that we call from the keyboard inside the question in the form.

Hope this bug will be fixed in the next release.

0 Kudos