Send Now Freezing

02-22-2017 06:34 AM
GlenColgate1
Occasional Contributor

We have noticed an increase in users reporting Survey Complete "Send Now" resulting in a indefinite spinning wheel. The only resolution we have come up with is to completely close out the application, restart, and send the completed survey found in the Outbox. Several of the users have said the last message before the hang is "getting service information". We think there may be a connection with low wireless signal as these users are in known poor signal locations. 

Anyone having similar issue? 

Tags (3)
8 Replies
CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

I have several users, on different surveys reporting the exact same issue. When the close out and try again, they get Error 400, but it is not matching up to the definition in the help file.

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1

My users report the same issue, but they are connected to a secure and strong WiFi signal in the office to send the surveys.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Carl, is there an additional message with the Code 400?  The code numbers presented are generic error codes, the description provides more details.  

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1

No additional message, please see below:

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the screenshot- again, it's hard to troubleshoot this without network logs to determine what the specific issue is.

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1

I have enabled logging on the iPads and can retrieve those when this issue repeats itself.

0 Kudos
GlenColgate1
Occasional Contributor

We have started logging on several users and will send their results to tech support.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

The 'hanging' off the application is most likely due to a network connection error that the application is not properly exiting out of; as mentioned in the Github Survey123 Community #604, this might be due to spotty network connections, or other network issues.  This is best debugged with Esri Technical Support; alternatively, if you create a diagnostic log Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS (which Technical Support may ask you to do), the particular action failing can be identified.

0 Kudos