Draw Toolbar Polygon Outline Changed from 3.17 to 3.18

02-21-2017 09:01 AM
FredSpataro
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

I was upgrading the API references in my applications last week and found a strange change in the draw toolbar behavior that's driving my testers/users nuts.  The pictures below show the difference best...  

At version 3.17 or less, the polygon draw tool uses an internal fill WITHOUT the outline.  This gives the appearance of an incomplete polygon:

At version 3.18 or greater, the polygon draw tool uses an internal fill WITH the outline.  This gives the appearance of a completed polygon.  The change immediately confused all the testers/users. 

Since the user still has to "double-click to complete" the polygon, the red line across Greenland will never be the polygon drawn, so this new outline seems very misleading even if I "re-train" all the users to simply "get used to it"

Is there a setting to change this back?

To reproduce:

1. use the sandbox on the basic draw graphic example:

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/3/sandbox/sandbox.html?sample=graphics_add

2. Draw Polygon - result similar to second picture

3. Set API references to 3.17

4. Click Refresh button

5. Draw Polygon - result similar to first picture

NOTE: the freehand polygon tool has a similar change but in that case the "final/connector" outline follows from the end of the mouse cursor so it doesn't seem "weird"... Maybe if the regular polygon tool did that, this change wouldn't seem odd. 

Thanks

0 Replies