Select a polygon

02-19-2017 09:06 PM
mahshidfallah1
New Contributor

how i can select a polygon in my project? please help me!!!!!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Mahshid,

Can you give more details on what you need? What language are you developing in? What software are you needing to use? If you are using ArcGIS API for JavaScript, then this might help:

Feature layer with selection | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.19 

0 Kudos
mahshidfallah1
New Contributor

look me.. i need select a area such a polygon in android.that when i select it show a call out of this polygon info. how i can do it

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

It might be best to move this thread to the https://community.esri.com/community/developers/native-app-developers/arcgis-runtime-sdk-for-android...‌ place for more proper visibility. 

0 Kudos
JordanBaumgardner
Occasional Contributor III

The translation is not very clear.

Is this what you are trying to do?

Identify Task | ArcGIS for Developers 

0 Kudos
mahshidfallah1
New Contributor

i need such this.

in this sample when drag in screen select more than one featurte.but want when click a feature .it select.thanks

0 Kudos
JordanBaumgardner

Ah, I think I understand.

You can pass the "search" function any geometry. The sample uses a polygon. You need a point. The JavaScript version has a point buffer and it will return a collection. Once you get the collection you need to select the one you want. Once you have the feature you want, most people create a graphics layer and add a new graphic based on the features geometry and your "Selected" symbology. 

Attach to "OnClick"

Pass query function the Point created from the mouse click and a buffer.

The return will be a collection.

Select the one you want if there are multiple items under that point.

Create graphics layer

Create new graphic with selected features geometry

Add new graphic to graphic layer. This will "Cover up" the original symbology with your "selected" version. [You might just be able to change the symbology of the feature itself and save all the above.]

JordanBaumgardner

Try asking this in the Developer \  Android section of these boards.

https://community.esri.com/community/developers/native-app-developers/arcgis-runtime-sdk-for-android 

With the Android SDK, how do I perform an identify and popup like the JavaScript guys do?

[Display identify results in popup | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.19 }] 

I believe this is what you are trying to do. 

Click, see what's under it, if something found then changes its symbology and display some info. close?

0 Kudos