Error 999999, failed to execute (weighted overlay)

02-20-2017 06:38 AM
MuhammadIrfan1
New Contributor III

I am getting an error 999999, failed to execute (weighted overlay), while running weighted overlay tool. i selected 6 raster data layers (factors) with tiff format. 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

more details needed, such as

• the source paths of the files and
  • the destination of the result,
  • the options you specified in the weighted overlay
  • coordinate system and extent (projected and same extent I hope)
  • version of arcmap
  • anything else you did
MuhammadIrfan1
New Contributor III

- Source path is same folder (all layers in a same folder)

- the destination which i tried first was the default .gdb in c-drive, later i tried another gdb outside c-drive.

- i am using evaluation scale 1 to 9, sum of influence 100%.

- Now i am doubtful with extent. i used study area boundary to make subset of layers.

- Version 10.1.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Apart from Dan's suggestion, try running the tool with Background processing disabled.

Foreground and background processing

Think Location
MuhammadIrfan1
New Contributor III

Thank you jayanta, i have also tried this , but have not found any solution yet.

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

What is the value range in 6 raster?

0 Kudos
MuhammadIrfan1
New Contributor III

All raster layers having different range like 1 having 1 to 4 (classes), another 1 to 6 etc.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

check the extents and the projection... the error is a generic error suggesting that it could be anything, but spaces in paths... too long grid names, etc etc are the culprits.. post these... If I had $1 for every time said 'all was fine' I wouldn't be here

0 Kudos
MuhammadIrfan1
New Contributor III

Thank you so much Dan for your suggestions, now i came to know that there is a problem with my Landuse raster layer, i have 6 layers, 5 processes are running successfully then the tool shows error.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I couldn't help but notice that you are using, and putting everything in your default geodatabase.  Create a new one, in a simple folder (ie c:\testing) move the inputs to it, confirm that the extents are as required and the projections are the same, then try again. Something is amiss in your process and you may be assuming that the processing values are correct.  You need to verify these in the Environments tab of the Weighted overlay tool (bottom right-ish) of the tool.  Defaults, cause faults unless they are known