OnScreen Widget place is Changing sometimes

02-15-2017 08:47 PM
Naveen_KumarKairamkonda
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I placed Search widget(OnScreen) on the map, but sometimes when I reload the application widget's place is changing. Widget is appearing in some other place on the map.

When I open in the Google Chrome, Search widget is in other place.

When I open in the Internet Explorer, Search widget is in same place where I placed using Style Sheet.

What might be the reason?

Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ibrahim

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ibrahim,

The only time I saw this happen was some time back when a person made a edit to the css that was throwing off the layout. Do you see this issue with a vanilla WAB App (i.e. not code/config changes at all)?

0 Kudos
Naveen_KumarKairamkonda
Occasional Contributor

I am using Web appBuilder 2.0 version. Is this the version problem?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That is 3 minor versions behind and next Month it will be four behind. But I don't know if that is the issue for sure. What about the questions I asked in my previous post?

0 Kudos
Naveen_KumarKairamkonda
Occasional Contributor

I read this article " Google Chrome 51.0.2704.79 was just released; it fixes the change that caused a blank screen for ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, and applications built with the ArcGIS API for JavaScript ".

I'm using Google Chrome version 51.0.2704.63, But its fixed in Version 51.0.2704.79.

I will update to latest version of Chrome and will check the application. 

Thanks Robert.

0 Kudos
Naveen_KumarKairamkonda
Occasional Contributor

Related to the code, Just the "widget Id" got changed in config.json other than that nothing has changed.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you have done no CSS or js code changes then starting the app again in the latest version will be no hassle at all for you.