Problems with adding a JPEG

02-15-2017 12:06 PM
DellaRobertson
Occasional Contributor II

I received an "internal error" message when I attempted to add a JPEG to my ArcGIS Online map.

Any suggestions would be appteciated.

Della

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

a jpeg with a coordinate system? does the process fail for other jpegs?

0 Kudos
DellaRobertson

The photo does have coordinates.  I haven't tried a second photo.   Thank you for responding.

This is a picture taken from outside my classroom.  I took it for an assignment on one of Joseph Kerski

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Della,

What are you trying to show with your image in your map? Images are usually either referenced in pop ups or added to features as attachments. Let us know a little more about what you are looking to accomplish.

-Kelly 

0 Kudos
DellaRobertson

Kelly,

Thank you for your reply.

I was going through an online activity created by Joseph Kerski.  One activity asks to take a photo outside our window and "drop" it into a box that he has created in the activity.  I will find it and take a screen shot and reply again.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Della,

What does the error say? Does it look something like this?

If you have taken a photo with a GPS enabled phone or camera (like you said, it has coordinates), then this photo will need to be turned into a geospatial point of some sort in order for it to added to the map. There are several ways of doing this, but first, like Kelly said, we need more info.

0 Kudos
DellaRobertson

Adrian,

By the way, I'm a Longhorn:)

As I wrote to Kelly, I was beginning an online activity created by Joseph Kerski.  One activity asks to take a photo outside our window and "drop" it into a box that he has created in the activity.  I believe the error message was what you pasted in your email.  I will find it and take a screen shot and reply again.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Here are some help topic links... Add files from your computer.  If you have an organizational account, you can add images

Note:

The following file types require an organizational account to add to the website: Image (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tif, .tiff), iWork Keynote (.key), iWork Numbers (.numbers), iWork Pages (.pages), Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx), Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx), Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx), PDF (.pdf), and Visio Document (.vsd).

This is the main help file link

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Sorry Della, I cannot help longhorns...

Image result for saw horns off

0 Kudos
DellaRobertson

Adrian,

You made me laugh!

The problem got resolved.  I don't know how.

Take care!

Hook 'em Horns.

Della