Pull data from csv into webform

Jump to solution
02-12-2017 07:27 PM
tomhughson
New Contributor III

Hello there, are there any known limitations in getting the pulldata from csv function working on a web form? Seems to be functioning well when testing in survey123 connect but after publishing the relevant information is not being pulled into the form. I also can't submit the survey, I get this 'loading' message at the bottom of the survey form. The same form lodges OK from the iphone app (but the pulldata from csv also doesn't seem to be working on the iphone). ?? Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tom,

populating the geopoint in the new webform works - take a look at the attached sample.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

As long as your csv file is stored in the media folder of the survey, there is currently no known issue with using pull data from csv in a web form.

If your issue persists, please contact tech support and supply them with your survey spreadsheet and csv file (or simplified versions of them) so that the problem can be troubleshooted.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Pull Data function can only be created in Survey123 Connect because the online forms do not yet support this functionality. I've logged ENH-000102972 on your behalf so we can get the error messages improved in Survey123 Online. I know the team is also working on adding more functionality to the online app so it is more directly in line with what is in the desktop application.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Andrew,  the web form you are showing should be able to support pulldata() functions.  This is the next generation webform and is currently in beta- there might be another question that is causing the failure to load.  Can you share the xls file?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Tom,

The main issue is regarding the calculation of the location- the web form does not support that yet.  Additionally, the intermixing of single apostrophes and double apostrophes in the calculation causes a separate issue.

James

0 Kudos
tomhughson
New Contributor III

Hi James, by way of update, I am still searching for a way to have the location information populate a geopoint question on a web form. I understand pulling lat long from a csv doesn't function in a web form and I have also tried the method described in the sample templates where the coordinates are part of the name field which also doesn't seem to work in the web form. Is there a solution yet to having this functionality in web forms? Thanks Tom

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Tom,

populating the geopoint in the new webform works - take a look at the attached sample.

tomhughson
New Contributor III

Hi James yes that works thank you

0 Kudos
PatrickHannan1
New Contributor II

I'm having the same issue with the csv not populating in the iPhone app. I created my form in Survey123 Connect and it scans a badge, pulls the badge number from from the csv and inputs the persons information. I tested the form through Survey123 Connect using my laptop camera and it populated the data. When I tested the form on the iPhone app, the badge is scanned but it doesn't pull the data from the csv. Is there any way to fix this?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Patrick,

One thing to check is whether the file name is the same, including capitalization, between the XLS file and the name of the file - iOS is case sensitive, while other operating systems are not.

0 Kudos