CityEngine 2016.1 export to LumenRT

Jump to solution
02-09-2017 05:38 AM
IonutAlixandroae4
Occasional Contributor

Hi guys,

I have noticed that @2016.1 version of CityEngine, there isn`t anymore the option to export to LumenRT directly and I was wondering if the name was replaced by something else (say E-on software VUE? ) or there isn`t anymore this possibility?

If not, the solution would be to export the entire scene as OBJ and import it to LumenRT or to install the LumenRT plugin ?

Thank you,

Ionut

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidBurdick
New Contributor II

LumenRT Update 2 (Coming out later this month) has the 2016.1 CE Plugin.  In the meantime, you can download the plugin here:

https://bentley.sharefile.com/d-s5dafece36a34dceb

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Mohammadbabaei
New Contributor

Hi there 

I have the same problem with new versions , i tested lumenRT exporter.py but it did not work properly 

U can use collada format which is the best format i tested or u can use new version of lumenRT , lumenRT connect 

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae4
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mohammad,

Well I don`t think collada (.dae) will be suitable because it`s a very large scene (huge); 

I also tested the plug-in (LumenRT plug-in to CityEngine) but, indeed, it`s not working properly... neither exporting the scene as pieces of .obj`s will work because I don`t want to import separately the pieces ... 

I`m thinking of having 2 versions of CityEngine installed on the machine until something will work with 2016.x verisons...:) 

Ionut

0 Kudos
Mohammadbabaei
New Contributor

oh so u r right

did u tested 

LumenRT connect version?

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi

The plugin is developed and maintained by Bentley LumenRT.

Did you use the latest plugin? Generally it has to support the version of CityEngine you are using.

New version available - Bentley LumenRT CONNECT Update 1 - Tech Preview - Getting Started with Bentl... 

Can you specify what exactly is not working properly?

0 Kudos
deleted-user-OlpHy1NoMNug
Occasional Contributor II

The CONNECT Update 1 works for CE 2016 but not 2016.1.  It's not an option when installing.

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae4
Occasional Contributor

Hi Thomas, 

Besides the plug-in, why there isn`t anymore the option to export directly to LumenRT in 2016.1 version? ...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for the feedback!

The LumenRT export has been removed in CityEngine 2015. It was decided that the plugin gives more value to the user.

Unfortunately there is a long delay between the release of CityEngine and the new version of the LumenRT plugin.

This problem will be addressed by the CityEngine Team.

DavidBurdick
New Contributor II

LumenRT Update 2 (Coming out later this month) has the 2016.1 CE Plugin.  In the meantime, you can download the plugin here:

https://bentley.sharefile.com/d-s5dafece36a34dceb

IonutAlixandroae4
Occasional Contributor

Hi David,

Thanks for the patch;

I haven`t tried it yet, but for now, for my knowledge, this patch will provide compatibility between CE 2016.1 and Lumenr RT and that script for exporting the scene will finally work?

Thank a lot,

Ionut

0 Kudos