SEC7127: Redirect was blocked for CORS request after submitting geprocessing job

02-07-2017 08:10 AM
JonathanBailey
Occasional Contributor III

Using the ArcGIS for JavaScript API 3.19, I'm submitting a job to the ExtractData geoprocessing service at:

https://analysis7.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/tasks/GPServer/ExtractData/submitJob

The job is submitted and run successfully, and the output is created in my ArcGIS Online root folder. 

However, I can't figure out how to get the response back from the server. When I submit the job, the JavaScript console reports 2 errors:

SEC7127: Redirect was blocked for CORS request.

SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x800c0014, A redirection problem occurred.

This sort of makes sense to me, because the server issues a redirect to the job page. I can see that the server responds with a status of 303, and includes the URL to the job in the response. However, the code that I have to handle the response (see below) is never called.

var url = _extractDataURL +
    "?inputLayers=" + inputLayers +
    "&extent=" + extent +
    "&clip=" + clip +
    "&dataFormat=" + dataFormat +
    "&outputName=" + outputName +
    "&context=" + context +
     "&f=" + f +
     "&token=" + IdentityManager.credentials[0].token;

var xmlHTTPRequest = new XMLHttpRequest();
xmlHTTPRequest.onreadystatechange = function () {
    if (xmlHTTPRequest.readyState == 4 && xmlHTTPRequest.status == 200) {
        console.log(this.responseText);
    }
}

xmlHTTPRequest.onload = function () {
    console.log(this.responseText);
}

xmlHTTPRequest.open("GET", url, true);
xmlHTTPRequest.send();‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

How can I configure things so that the redirect (the correct response) doesn't cause the CORS error, and so that I can handle the response and get the URL to the job?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JordanBaumgardner

Just to clarify -

- You post your job - [MyServer]\arcgis\....

->  you get a job number back and you poll

- The response comes back with a URL with your completed job on another server? [MyOtherServer]\arcgis\...jobcomplete.

-> When you hit the url you get a CORS error and your responder is never called.

or are you getting a CORS error and hitting the same root server?

0 Kudos
JonathanBailey

Hi Jordan,

No, that's not what's happening. The response to submitJob is a redirect, which I believe is what is causing the CORS issue.

0 Kudos