Is it possible to edit your contribution to a crowdsource map once you submit it?

Jump to solution
02-04-2017 01:55 PM
LynnForberg-DeVlieg
New Contributor

I apologize if this is very basic, but I am new to story mapping.

Is it possible for a person who is not the administrator to edit their own contributions to a crowdsource map after submission or is the administrator the only one who can edit?

For example, I misspelled a name and would like to be able to edit, but am unable.  This ability would be very useful for my future story mapping objectives.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Lynn,

Is this specific to the story map crowdsource app or crowdsourced data in general?

If it is crowdsourced data in general and you are using editor tracking, you can enable the ability for editors to only edit their own features. This would allow editors to only update their own contributions:

Manage hosted layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

If this is related to the specific data layer created by story maps, tag the Story Maps space.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Lynn,

Is this specific to the story map crowdsource app or crowdsourced data in general?

If it is crowdsourced data in general and you are using editor tracking, you can enable the ability for editors to only edit their own features. This would allow editors to only update their own contributions:

Manage hosted layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

If this is related to the specific data layer created by story maps, tag the Story Maps space.

-Kelly

0 Kudos