Can I use existing point data as places in a Shortlist?

Jump to solution
02-03-2017 10:59 AM
paldoklemo
New Contributor

Hi. Help from FAQ says:

"To create your Shortlist using point data in an existing web map, first go to ArcGIS Online and open that web map. Then share it as a web application and choose Story Map Shortlist from the application gallery. The Shortlist builder will open and prompt you to select the point data you want to use. The Shortlist builder automatically copies your imported places into a new web map."

Note: If the Story Map Shortlist isn't present in the application gallery when you share a web map, you are either using Portal for ArcGIS, which doesn't contain our beta apps like Shortlist, or you are using an ArcGIS Online Organization in which the application gallery has been customized..."

I am using my personal  ArcGIS Online account and I still can not see Story Map Shortlist in the application gallery.

Can you please hepl me with the problém.

Thank you.

Paldo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Paldo,

The Shortlist you refer to with the popups on features is an older version of Shortlist and is not hosted with ArcGIS Online.  It is available via download (Release v.1.4.9 · Esri/shortlist-storytelling-template-js · GitHub ), but you would have to host on your own web server.

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkCooney
0 Kudos
paldoklemo
New Contributor

Hi Mark,

I finally managed to find Shortlist in the gallery, I had to switch langauge to English in my settings

(although I had it set on English by defalult, while using my account it switched automaticaly to Czech language).

Anyway, I would like to ask another question:

how can I configure my Shortlist - using "Bulid hosted app"- so the points will be set with pop-ups?

Using builder I could only manage to show pictures similar as in Toronto app https://www.arcgis.com/apps/Shortlist/index.html?appid=98d09062412a47e38a33879339b652a8

I would like to build app quite the same as in Palm Springs Shortlist app Shortlist, using pop-ups for point locations.

Remark, I have already enabled pop-up in my web map.

Thank you in advance.

Paldo

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Hi Paldo,

The Shortlist you refer to with the popups on features is an older version of Shortlist and is not hosted with ArcGIS Online.  It is available via download (Release v.1.4.9 · Esri/shortlist-storytelling-template-js · GitHub ), but you would have to host on your own web server.

-Mark

0 Kudos
paldoklemo
New Contributor

Hi Mark,

yes, it does

Paldo

0 Kudos