Issue on Creating Enterprise Geodatabase (SQL Serve) on Out of Network

01-31-2017 11:35 AM
BehrouzHosseini
Occasional Contributor

We are facing to following error

Executing: CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase SQL_Server GISDataServer\WIN-PAML WaterNet DATABASE_AUTH sa ***** SDE_SCHEMA sde ***** # E:\Utility\Key\keycodes
Start Time: Tue Jan 31 11:20:29 2017
Failure to access the DBMS server
Failed to execute (CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase).
Failed at Tue Jan 31 11:20:44 2017 (Elapsed Time: 15.52 seconds)

When trying to Create an Enterprise Geodatabase which is installed on an  SQL Serverserver database called GISDataServer which is installed on  top a machine which called  PAML WaterNet( out of our network).

we also tried as

but still getting same issue. Can toy please let me know what I am doing wrong?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

The tool is unable to access the Database server.

Can you ping the Database Server from the machine where you have the ArcGIS Desktop?

The SQL Server instance...is that enabled for outside access? I forgot the exact terminology, but the IT department can make that SQL Server instance available for connection outside the Network. Have you done that?

More than anything...if you install just SQL Server Management Studio on the machine having ArcGIS Desktop, is it able to connect to the Database instance? If this works, ArcGIS Desktop should be able to connect as well. 

0 Kudos
BehrouzHosseini
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lots Asrujit.

You are right I am not seeing the instance (GISDataServer) on my SQL Sever Management Database Engine list.

0 Kudos
Ahmed_AltafTambe
New Contributor III

As Asrujit suggested, you could try and ping the database server (IP address) from your ArcGIS client machine's command prompt, just to confirm the connectivity between two boxes.

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos