Why don't the secured feature services load in the Select Widget?

01-30-2017 11:40 AM
NicoleGaskell1
New Contributor

I'm using a semi-custom WAB app and the default Select widget. The widget works with ESRI hosted content but when I switch to my orgs secure feature services the panel status circle just spins. All the layers load in the other widgets (Layer List, Attribute Table, Editor etc) but don't work with the selection tool. 

We are hosting on ArcGIS Enterprise (10.5) and have AD login setup. 

Where can I start looking for troubleshooting this? 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having a similar problem secured 10.5.1 services not showing up at all in the list of layers in Select. Well, a few of the sublayers are, from some of the secured services, which is what's so confusing. But these are simple secured services. Not active directory or anything. Most (not all just most) sublayers aren't showing, and some external sources aren't even showing and they are public. All in a public web map and going to WAB 2.8.   

edit:  update... I fixed this. I saved all secured services as layers in Content saving the credentials.  Now they all work and appear in the Widget. Hope this helps anyone else. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK sorry, but, there's a plot twist! I -thought- I fixed it. I had not.

I found out that Select widget shows all layers as 'selected' with the blue checkbox, in the widget Config. So, they're all selected and should show up, right? Wrong. There is a 2.8 WAB DE bug that has been logged with Support. I had to uncheck and then re-check all of them (a lot) and then they worked perfectly. So apparently while it shows they are checked in the UI they aren't truly checked, unless you uncheck then re-check them off, explicitly.  Presumably it will be fixed by WAB 2.9 or so.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bug is still not fixed in WAB DE 2.9.  Paging User Experience advocate extraordinaire... Kory Kramer - can you forward to appropriate folks? I'd already filed a report.

So what the deal is with this bug, is users must un-check and check every single layer in the Config before this will work, otherwise nothing shows up. Even thought they're checked by default.  It should (if working correctly) by default have them all checked and so they all show up, out of the box.  Thank you as always!

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Kevin, was this logged as a bug with technical support?  If so, do you have the bug number?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's BUG-000114726 Thank you as always Kory!  

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks, Kevin.  We see that the bug is marked as In Product Plan.  The dev team has the issue in their queue. Thanks for your patience as they work on it.

Cheers

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perfect, thanks Kory! Once I'd figured out the reason and workaround of just unchecking and rechecking it's not a show-stopper but just will be nice to have resolved in the next release.