Shortlist Story Map (beta) - Mobile Issues

Jump to solution
01-30-2017 10:04 AM
JustinSmith
New Contributor II

Hello,

Currently I am working on creating a Shortlist Story Map (beta version) and have found that when I login to my map on my iPhone (both Chrome and Safari) the map is not working very efficiently.  I understand there was to be a fix for this in December 2016 if you are self hosting the code.  Will the update apply to the hosted app on ArcGIS Online at any point?  If not, how come?

The issues I am having are below.

As you can see on image one, the main menu is only appearing on a quarter of my page.  

The first tab, "Downtown", does not work.  the map is not appearing and a list of the features is appearing on the right side.    

The second tab, "Southeast", works. 

The third & fifth tab work the same as the first tab did, map is not appearing and a list of the features is appearing on the right side.  

The fourth tab, like the second tab, works fine.

Thanks,
Justin 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamEversole1
Esri Contributor

Thanks Rupert, That defect is now logged. 

I'll add this note to the thread that for any customers who are experiencing this issue you can contact Esri Support to get your account attached to the following record:

BUG-000119159 - Safari browser on Iphone 10 displays the Shortlist application on a quarter of the screen when the user is previously signed into ArcGIS online and opens the URL

Note: This issue only presents itself for Organizational users who have signed into your ArcGIS Online portal, thus Public viewers of your Shortlists Apps should not be encountering this issue. The workaround for this problem is to sign out from ArcGIS.com before opening the link.

Cheers

-Adam  

View solution in original post

15 Replies
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Justin,

Sorry you are seeing issues with your Shortlist on your iPhone.  Could you please provide a bit more information so we can try to reproduce and diagnose?  What version iOS are you on?  And would you be able to share a link to your Shortlist with us to specifically look at?  Feel free to PM me if you don't want it posted publicly.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
JustinSmith
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

I am using iOS 9.3.5. Unfortunately, I am unable to send a link due to privacy issues.  I created the map using Google Chrome on my work pc and the map DOES work on an android phone. 

Thanks,
Justin

0 Kudos
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Justin,

I checked on an iPhone with iOS 10.2 and all was fine, and had a colleague check on an iPad with 9.3.5, and did not experience any issues.  Can you try this Shortlist and see if you are experiencing the same issues?  http://story.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Shortlist/index.html?appid=0584dbad6ebf433a96f1111f4cc7e3bd 

-Mark

0 Kudos
JustinSmith
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

The shortlist link you sent worked great.  I tried a couple more things.  I attempted to use the same organizational source dataset from a rest service to build the application but with a personal AGOL login and I still ended up with the same issues.  

I then exported the dataset to a csv, created the Shortlist again with that same personal login, and it looks like it works!  So that will have to be some information I bring back to our geospatial business unit.  Could it be that the source dataset is restricted by some organizational permissions?

http://arcg.is/2ky0Y9f 

Thanks,

Justin

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Justin, that Shortlist link you posted works fine for me too on an iPad with iOS 9.3.5.

If a Shortlist app is just shared to an organization, or contains some data that is just shared to the organization, that is all OK: if you aren't signed in to that organization when you try and open the Shortlist, it will prompt you to login. It shouldn't cause the issue you posted above. 

Rupert

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi All,

I noticed this question was originally posted back in 2017 in iOS 9.3.5 when shortlist was in beta. We are seeing this issue again in iOS 12.1.1 across many of our Shortlist story maps. 

We have tested on an iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max and this issue was reproducible. We have opened an Esri support case #02233638 for this issue. 

Other test that we have performed:  

• Reproducible in Safari.  
  • Reproducible off network.
  • Reproducible with browser cache cleared.
  • Issue is not reproducible on Android device
  •  When refreshing the browser, 25% of the time it loads correctly and 75% of the time it displays in 1/4 of the screen.
0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Amanda

Sorry about the issue. Would it be possible for you to share the URL of one of your Shortlists? If it isn't available publicly you could email me directly (ressinger at esri.com). Are you creating your Shortlists from existing web maps/data using the 'import' workflow or the 'as-is' workflow, or are you authoring them directly in the Shortlist Builder. If you are using the 'as-is' workflow, there are some issues with using ArcGIS Enterprise/Server feature services in that workflow, such that we don't recommend using those for 'as-is'. I think that might have been the cause of the original issue that was reported above.

Rupert

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Rupert, 

Thanks so much for your response. I can definitely share the link with you via email. 

To answer your question, we built the Shortlist from a CSV using the downloadable template and imported it using the "as-is" workflow (following your suggestion from one of my other Geonet posts). I'll send that email your way. 

Thanks,

Amanda

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for test Shortlists you emailed me the details for. Having a look...

Rupert

0 Kudos