ArcHydro Time of Concentration GP Tool Error

01-29-2017 12:53 PM
Labels (1)
GaryHecox
New Contributor

Running ArcGIS 10.5 with 10.5 ArcHydro. Everything is working fine with the various GP tools until I get to time of concentration in H&H Modeling. Running the tool on my dataset generates the Error 010043 "All selected cells are at absolute barrier." at the step where it creates the maximum length flow path. It stops when creating the flow path points.  The tool creates the Tc roaster just fine. I made sure that all of the slopes are non-0 and the longest flow path tool works fine in the Terrain Preprocessing GP tools. I tried running the tool on the GP tutorial dataset and it ran for about 18 hours at the same step of creating the longest flow path and never finished. If you can tell me how the Tc tool finishes the calculations, I can probably finish the process manually. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GaryHecox
New Contributor

The work-around is to first create the Longest Flow Path in the Watershed tools.  Then use the Computer Time of Concentration for Longest Flow Path tool. This correctly populates the flow path and catchment basin feature classes with the time of concentration.

0 Kudos