http://arcg.is/2je5jyb

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Bruce,

Sorry you were affected by this situation, but we had to remove support for Facebook from story maps in Sept 2016 due to technical reasons. The change did affect existing stories, and you can see a bit of additional information on our FAQ here.

Keep in mind that if you host photos on your own website it's best if you optimize the images for web display and create a thumbnail image. We've also got some information about managing images for Map Tours on our FAQ here.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

11 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Bruce

Thanks for posting here after meeting you on Twitter. It will be easier than Twitter especially if the answer is quite long

How did you add your pictures into your Map Tour? For example are they in a Flickr album that has perhaps been unshared or deleted?

Rupert

0 Kudos
BruceHerwig
New Contributor

Rupert,

I put this together in 2015...I don't recall where the pictures lived before. If I had to guess, it would be facebook, but I'm not positive. 

It worked at some point.

Am I able to relink them / upload them?

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Bruce,

Go into Builder mode on the Story Map and then click on the edit link for the picture. It should show the former hyperlink for the photo. That way you can tell where they once were.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Bruce,

Those would be facebook links. Do you think you might have taken those pictures down from facebook or lost the permission to see these photos?

0 Kudos
BruceHerwig
New Contributor
0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Bruce,

I'm guessing facebook may have changed one of their URL procedures over that time that this was posted. I can see this photo:

https://scontent.fslc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/11054878_10207092937268148_8604810927266288648_o.jp... 

But, you can see that the URL is a bit different.

BruceHerwig
New Contributor

Adrian,

Thank you for helping me trouble shoot this.

I think I'm going to skip facebook as the hosting for these photos and put them on my website. 

I'll relink from there.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I think skipping facebook is a great idea. I personally use sites like Flickr.com for photo hosting and for sharing out to ArcGIS Online and the like. Using your own website is also a good solution.

0 Kudos