AnsweredAssumed Answered

Are negative values possible for the coordinates of the principal point (ortho mapping)?

Question asked by halmaia on Jan 27, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2017 by hxu-esristaff

If I’d like enter the optical parameters for a new ortho mapping workspace and I’d like to define the plain coordinates of the principal point of the measuring camera there is no indication for the unit or origin. Actually the adjustment report of an existing ortho mapping workspace helped me a lot: it says “… Position of the Principal Point is referenced to the physical center of the image plain. …”. And there is a table before this statement indicating the coordinates of the principal point is measured in millimeters. It would be quite helpful to indicate these information on the wizard’s GUI.

But the real problem arises after that. If the position of the principal point is measured from the physical center of the image plain (center of the sensor) than the coordinates could be either positive or negative. But I can’t enter negative values at all. Same problem at the Konrady (or Brown-Conrady -- as the adjustment report says?) constants. Maybe I misunderstood something (?).

Ákos Halmai

Outcomes