Installation of ArcGIS Desktop 10.3.1 is failing with Windows Log EventID 1000 on Windows 7 x64. Faulting module kernelbase.dll. Attempting to run the installer for the license manager instead of the Desktop software yields the exact same results. The install stops immediately with the same error.
The computer previously was running ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.1 which was uninstalled before the attempted installation of 10.3.1. The user had installed every single option available including the ArcObjects SDK, Data Reviewer, Desktop Background Geoprocessing, License Manager, Workflow manager, Case Tools, and Data Interoperability all of which had been uninstalled. This user's computer has higher spec's than the other computers which worked fine and has plenty of RAM (16 GB) and disk space.
1) ran sfc /scannow
2) I am using the run as administrator option.
3) I have tried multiple copies of the install media (and it had installed properly on other computers from this media anyway)
4) I tried reinstalling 10.2 which worked fine but the user cannot open any mxd's because everyone else is on 10.3
5) User's computer has both Nvidia and Intel video chipsets. I am not sure how ArcGIS determines which one to use.
6) Installed all Windows Updates and installed the latest video driver
7) As a last resort, tried cleaning the registry of ESRI and ArcGIS entries to no effect.
If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!