Upgrade 2 workstations to 10.4.1

01-25-2017 04:34 AM
BrianGreen4
New Contributor

Hello,

I have two workstations that I need to upgrade to ArcGIS Desktop 10.4.1 - one is running 10.1, and the other 9.8 (both licensed).  I have the 10.4.1 media downloaded from the website - I think that the 10.1 upgrade is fairly simple (run setup.exe from the install media, and it will preserve everything including the license) - is there anything that I should know before starting the upgrades?  And for the 9.8 to 10.4.1 upgrade, how can I preserve the license for it, or do I need to get it re-created by ESRI?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I will assume your other license is of ver. 9.3.x, in which case, you will need to contact Esri to provide fresh license codes before authorizing.

9.x license files won't work with ArcGIS Desktop 10.4.x.

Think Location
0 Kudos
BrianGreen4
New Contributor

That's what I was worried about, as I am not the person who made the initial request for the license.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have access to your organization's My Esri account, you could find the License codes there. Else, contact your Esri Distributor for the license code. The customer number will remain same even if the contact person from your organization changes.

Think Location
0 Kudos