I am trying to prepare some data for AGOL. I need a field that allows users to either enter a coded value in or type in.
How will the users enter the data into the feature service? Via an app or in the map viewer? Take a look at the help documentation about domains and subtypes to see if this may be a good way of approaching your workflow: An overview of attribute domains—Geodatabases | ArcGIS Desktop
Feel free to share more about your specific workflow and how you envision users interacting with the data and you may get some more suggestions about how others have approached this.
My workflow is the following:
1. I am using ESRI's road closure's feature template.
2. I am using "Road Blocks" layer (point).
3. I am editing it via a web app builder app.
4. People should be able to enter their values here or choose from dropdown for "Contact Information" :
5. People should be able to enter their values (like To be announced) here or choose from dropdown for "Ends":
Retrieving data ...