I have a question, seemengly a trivial one. I build up a physical characterisation database for lakes in ESRI:s filegeodatabase using features, tables and relations classes. I want to evaluate a succession of criteria, highligt
and work with my final selection.
Description : After a succession of selection with different criteria, using available features, tables and relationship classes in my database, I found that all the earlier selected features and results remain highlighted and active in the ArcMaps GUI.
I want to see highlighted and active only my final selection I aimed to work with.
It is probably easier to describe this case using a mini-database "physChar_Lakes.zip", 568 KB and the following steps:
1. Select by vale from [waterSurface]. Criteria [ShapeArea]≥ 25000m². ( 10 selected)
2. Select respective lakes, using relationsship classes from [lakeWaterBody]. (10 selected)
3. Select respective riparianStrips using relationsship classes, [riparianStrips] (10 selected).
4. Arrange the selection above using the attribute [avgMPI] , highest to lowest values
5. Select from 4 , "avgMPI" >= 0.08 (6 selected)
I see 10 lakes in ArcMAp GUI and not the arranged 6 ones from the final step 5.
I am grateful for any guidace to solve this case.
¹ MPI - Morphological Protection Index