Great improvements in ArcGIS Pro 1.4

01-22-2017 12:17 AM
larryzhang
Occasional Contributor III

Not a question, just share personal experience of the latest release ArcGIS Pro 1.4 with all.

Just install and evaluate ArcGIS Pro 1.4 with some long-waiting cases, which looks excellent …

ArcGIS Pro 1.4 really is a breakthrough release, from operational perspectives.

Thanks for great efforts, ESRI.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

With many advances in IT for a decade, many GIS users have been painfully waiting for ArcGIS solutions to effectively tackle the following operational challenges, particularly last 5 years:

• CAD 2D data georeferencing,
  • 3D GIS creating and editing (i.e., multipatch from CityEngine),
  • CAD and COLLADA 3D models georefrencing,
  • Enable developers to conveniently install new Python packages (saying, scikit-image, scikit-learn, openCV), and easily configure for popular and familiar Python Development IDEs (i.e., PTVS,  Spyder),
  • GPU accelerated geoprocessing tools in ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS (i.e., raster image processing like caching, classified raster imagery generalization and associated vector conversion & clean-up),
  • R integrating and scaling seamlessly with ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS (i.e., MRS), which is currently thorough “R - ArcGIS Bridge” for MRO (https://r-arcgis.github.io/), and
  • Support of major deep machine learning frameworks with GPU computing in ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS, especially, in Python and R (i.e., DIGITS)

With ArcGIS Pro 1.4, we can eventually do some right now:

0 Replies