In Survey123, how do you delete a single record that has been collected ?

Jump to solution
01-17-2017 03:08 PM
NealeHutcheon
New Contributor II

With many people entering data on multiple devices, errors and duplicates can occur.

How do you delete a record within the survey ?

It would make sense if this option was on the web when looking at the collected data.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

As the owner of the survey,

- go to the Data page for the survey in the survey123.arcgis.com.

- Click on the button 'Open in ArcGIS Map Viewer'.

- Select the record you want to delete

- in the pop up, choose edit

- click delete.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

As the owner of the survey,

- go to the Data page for the survey in the survey123.arcgis.com.

- Click on the button 'Open in ArcGIS Map Viewer'.

- Select the record you want to delete

- in the pop up, choose edit

- click delete.

IvanGroom
New Contributor

I cannot locate any delete option in edit mode when a point is selected. The only available action is to 'choose file' within the dialog box. I presume I am the 'owner' since I am logged in to my survey and and then did 'Open in Map Viewer'.... What am I missing? 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ivan,

I can confirm that the delete button is not appearing in the Map Viewer.  I've logged an issue to address that.  As a workaround, you can get to the map viewer and delete button by going to www.arcgis.com , logging in and viewing the survey data.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ivan,

Can you see if the Delete button still is hidden?

0 Kudos
IvanGroom
New Contributor

Hi James, I’m not seeing it in chrome or firefox; only option at bottom is “Close”. The map viewer is not opening at all in explorer but am only on temp computer due to office relocation today. Last time I switched browsers and the edit function appeared and I could do so. Will try again as soon as possible and report back.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
MegTracy
New Contributor III

Can you provide a screenshot of what this should look like? I have tried it in both chrome and IE. There is no 'delete' button. I can add features, but not delete existing ones.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Meg,

The delete button for a feature in an ArcGIS Online Web Map is in the pop-up when you select the feature on the map. You need to select Edit first either in the pop-up or menu bar at top.

Alternative you can use ArcGIS Pro (connected to your hosted feature service) to edit and delete features in the table view in Pro.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MegTracy
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply. When I select edit, there is no button to delete. I am unable to reach a pop-up with that option. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You need to select a point on the map first, it will appear at bottom of the pop-up in the map when selected.

Otherwise, if you still do not see a delete button, it could be that you do not have permission to edit (more importantly delete features) from the feature service?

What are the capabilities of your feature service, if you open the service url of the layer and then view the JSON link at top of page, scroll to the bottom you will see the capabilities, it should look as follows

"capabilities" : "Create,Delete,Query,Update,Editing,Extract"

If you do not have Delete listed it may mean you do not have permission to delete features in feature service.

Phil.

0 Kudos