Autocomplete survey Addresses and pin it to geopoint map

01-17-2017 03:26 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

First of all, sorry I am new to this application.

I am attempting to create a survey where users would enter their address using our parcel layer instead of ESRI's custom geocoder associated with the geopoint. Is that feasible? 

Thanks,

Alex

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkEndries
New Contributor

Greetings Everyone,

I have a similar question where I'd like to record a polygon ID value based on geographic location to a survey.  Essentially have someone walk to the location of a polygon of interest and have the survey form record the polygon ID.  Is this possible?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alex,

Currently, the answer is dependent on a few things.  We don't support connecting to a Feature Service for lookup yet in the Survey123 field app or the website.  Using Survey123Connect, you could author a survey that has a select_one with the listing of the addresses; refer to https://community.esri.com/thread/186982-1k-5k10k-pushing-the-limit-on-external-choices .  That could then be used in a pulldata function to lookup additional information in an accompanying CSV file.  Currently, that survey would only be usable in the Survey123 mobile app, not the website.  Working with information from existing feature services is an enhancement we want to be able to support.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

Just letting you know that in the latest 3.12 beta builds available on the Survey123 Early Adopter Community we have made significant improvements to large choice lists which improve the survey load time in both Connect and the field app.

On top of this there are now some new ways you can manage your choice lists dynamically and update them without having to republish the survey, meaning choice lists can now be populated and updated dynamically from a CSV file or hosted table shared in ArcGIS or directly from a feature service. Please check out the latest announcement on EAC and test out these new beta features with the latest 3.12 beta builds.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos