Survey123 Email

01-17-2017 12:42 PM
RaulLeos
New Contributor II

In survey123, there is a email tag to add to form but I don't understand the email concept. When an email is added what should the application do in return. I want for every survey to let me by email when ever their is a survey completed. Need help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Raul,

The email question type records the e-mail of the signed in user as part of the form.  Note that this only works for users who are signed in to the application.  

RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III

I think the original post had 2-questions. I also have a similar use case, I'd like Survey123 to send the survey publisher an email when a survey is submitted. To extend that further how about a notification alert in an ESRI web app that a survey was sent.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Renato,

Currently the only way to do this is via a tool like GeoEvent Server to poll the feature service and then send an e-mail.  We are exploring ways to do this via other means, but don't have anything concrete in terms of planned implementations.

0 Kudos
AdministrateurSmav
New Contributor
hello, 
the same way to send an Email. Would it be possible to feed a task into a calendar of my mail? thank you Bouddha62
0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi,

The Survey123 team have been working on workflow integrations that are flexible enough for different tasks in a future release - see Sneak Peek: Survey123 and Webhooks (Integromat) for more information.

0 Kudos