Push notifications for Mobile workers?

01-11-2017 11:53 PM
AndersJensen
New Contributor II

Are there any plans to implement Push-notifications for mobile workers in Workforce when they have new assignments?

(like for If the app is closed...)

8 Replies
GlenColgate1
Occasional Contributor

I guess the answer here could be, "Depends on which platform you are running"... but we can confirm that Push notifications are working for the Workforce App on iOS. They can be turned on/off in Settings>Workforce.

AndersJensen
New Contributor II

Yeah, i saw that one. Problem is you will need the application running in bacground all the time to get notifications if I understood correctly. I see many applications without that kind of restraint, and that was really my question, will the mobile workers alway have to run the application in background, or will it be possible to get Notifications even when the app is closed?   For some users this can be sporadic use, and then you may forget to open the app, and therefore miss something...

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Anders,

At this time, Workforce must be running to receive the notifications as we do not currently support push notifications.

We are planning to support push notifications; I don't have a timeframe on when we'll implement this capability, but it is something we're very interested in doing.

Craig

ViTran
by
New Contributor II

Is there any follow-up on this feature of Workforce? We'd love to have the Push Notification as keeping the app open (with location tracking) is draining the battery horribly.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello, this issue is in our backlog to address, but is not currently assigned to a release but it will be reconsidered following our upcoming Workforce release which has Offline support.

Craig

0 Kudos
EberRibeiro_Pinto
New Contributor

Hi Craig, any news on this push notifications for WorkForce? We would love to have this function available.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

The status of Push Notifications is the same as from the Nov 16th comment:

Hello, this issue is in our backlog to address, but is not currently assigned to a release but it will be reconsidered following our upcoming Workforce release which has Offline support.

Craig

0 Kudos
AdriannaBarton
New Contributor III

Have push notifications been added yet? Running the workforce app in the background, and any esri app drains battery incredibly quickly, which is not ideal for field work considering the availability to charge a device frequently throughout the day is almost impossible in the field.

0 Kudos